Friday, July 30, 2021

JUST TOO......

All great books. It has been hotter than Hades here and I have been locked up in a dark cool basement-so over it all. 

I'm screaming for WINTER!


Quilt borders done, sandwiched but not quilted---too HOT


Waiting for rain--Always


Arms are yet to be knitted----yup, you got it--too HOT


Love this sweater! Done knitting, not done finishing, weaving and sewing underarms closed=
You should know why by now.


This river flooded 2 weeks ago, we were here 3 weeks ago. It is expected to have some heavy flash flooding tonight thru Monday morning. With glorious rain and cooler temps comes evil brotherII....flooding.




The river looks dark but the flood brought a river rolling with thick mud, it turned black.
Five people died in the river as well as so, so many fish. 




We sure had fun while we were able to be on the river safely. 
We really need to FIX the environment and now!
Too Hot, too Dry, too many Fires, too little rain, too little snow and now Deadly flash flooding.
Oh Colorado, we need to help heal you and care for you better.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay! You're back! I know the weather has been tough for you all out in the West. I wish we could balance out the rain and the heat over the entire country so that those who needed some of each could have it and those who had too much could share it.

I LOVE your Dissent pullover. You're inspiring me to get back to carding my brown fleece so I can spin for mine (I already have the yarn for the colorwork).

Mereknits said...

Eileen, I am loving your quilt and knitting. So sorry the weather has been so horrible and there is all that devastation with the flooding. Stay safe.

Pam said...

In the farther west as well - in Eastern Washington we've had so many days over 100 this year! It's terrible. Now we're in Connecticut visiting kids and I haven't brought warm enough clothes! I just couldn't imagine needing anything but my lightest sweater in the evening. Ah well. The coolness and even the humidity is a relief.

Mary said...

What a treat to see a post from you! I'm a huge Longmire fan (the books and the tv show) but I haven't heard of those others. Sending COOL thoughts your way!

karen said...

I love your sweaters!!! I am wishing for fall and winter all the time. Too bad I can't make it happen.

Juliann said...

Your Dissent is beautiful and I get it about the too hot for . . . Hope some relief comes soon.

Jane said...

Amen. We do need to fix the environment. Your sweaters look gorgeous. I'm having fun catching up on your blog. For awhile, I couldn't access it.

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)