Wednesday, March 3, 2021

SEEING THE LIGHT


As we are all aware of-it's been a long year! The anxiety of COVID, of a loved one being stricken with the virus and worse, the economy, financial issues, family separations and the ISOLATION.
I am a serious homebody and thought I was doing well the first 11.5 months of this crazy stay at home thing. Heck, I have been practicing this isolation thing most of my life! But, these past few weeks I have really been struggling, not sure if I'm just over it all, (not a good enough excuse to give up now), am I experiencing the end of winter blues, or do I see the light at the end of the tunnel , (my name goes on the vaccine call up list Friday.) I think its all the above! 

Tuesday, I said to Eric; "lets go up the mountain and get lunch by the river." Oh my gosh, it was glorious, 60 degrees, up in the mountains, pine trees, snow, sun, the river, fresh air, very few people and lunch...out, not made byEric or myself, and a beer... from a tap!  Everyone keeping their distance, masks on when not eating! It felt like getting off a space ship vacation, ( no, I have never been on such a trip, remember I am a homebody),  back to earth and normal living. 

I hope to be vaccinated within the next two weeks, then Eric and I can breath a bit easier.









I re-soaked some skeins of yarn to get more 'pig tails' out of the skeins. A class I took said to 'whack' the skeins wet on a hard surface. I thought, yeah right. It worked beautifully! 4 skeins out drying in the sun this afternoon. I often wonder what my new neighbors think of me, whacking making for a very loud noice and then seeing hanging skeins. I tell myself, they will get use to me.....haha.


I see spring popping up through the ground.


Friends I visit out walking.



Mountain Quilt finished and to be donated.


Altheda done and even worn once. Only change I made - was short sleeves! Much more practical for Colorado weather. This is a fun and easy knit, I will probably make another or three for my girls.


READING: 
The Power Worshippers, by Kathrine Steward.
This book is well worth the time to read and understand how the 80% of American White Christians are working within the GOP political framework to control the politics and laws of this country. It is eye opening and very frighting. 

 Mary Lincoln: by Ruth Painter Randal
Excellent book about Mary  Todd Lincoln. So different from other books about her, but then those have been written by men. This book is written by a women who spent endless hours reading Mary's correspondence to her family, friends as well as her enemies.  Also are the letters to Mary from Abraham, who was so very much in love with his wife!


7 comments:

karen said...

I am 100% with you on being completely done with this whole past year. It's been a challenge and many hurdles for families. I'm excited that all of our snow is slowly melting and maybe daily walks are in our future.

Sarah said...

I think knowing that we're closer to the end is making it harder to stay home -- that plus being cooped up all winter. I know we'll need to continue all the mitigation efforts for a while, but it'll be so much easier when we can at least be outside and see people (from a distance) again!

Bonny said...

I feel much the same way but you're right about not jeopardizing ourselves now. I hope to get the vaccine soon, but all I really know is that I'm on a waiting list of 5,000 people. I'm surprised to see so little snow in your photos and the ice breaking up, but glad you could get out and enjoy the weather. (I just worry for CO after last year's fire season.) That is a great quilt!

Jane said...

I am right with you and the above commenters. I am very much an introvert and a homebody but last week I hit a wall. Pandemic living is an exhausting way to live. I'd like every outing not to have to weighed and planned for risk. I'm tired of people not wearing masks correctly and I miss my kids like the dickens. Ok - end of rant. I do enjoy your Colorado photos though. The yarn looks lovely.

Mary said...

I cannot wait to venture out to restaurant ... we had a lovely spring day today and I thought about it ... a glass of wine, or a beer, and then I decided no. I've been this long, and GEORGIA!, so best to just wait... I do love your finished sweater (short sleeves FTW!) and that quilt!

steph said...

Like you...I'm really a home body; I was an only child and I guess this was sort of drilled into me; if you have a good book, you are never really alone. But even I am getting just a bit squirrelly these past couple weeks, so I totally get where you're coming from. An outing like you had sounds just spectacular!!!

Mereknits said...

So glad you got to get out for a bit and so glad you are on the way to getting the vaccine. Your sweater is amazing, I am in awe of your colorwork skills which I lack miserably. Stay safe.

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)