Wednesday, March 10, 2021

A GREAT WEEK AHEAD FOR ME





 Things here the past week has been happening in the kitchen. Artisan Breads have been made, and the Mr.states 'it's the best he has ever had'. Wow, now that is an endorsement! Also yesterday, made a total of nine quarts of chicken bone broth, we were dangerously low, maybe only one quart on the shelf...yikes. Just for fun, I made bacon date wraps and we ate them for a lunch. 

Little Oaks Sweater is finished, (except for buttons) but no picks yet ;-]  

Reading: Dark Sky.  C J Box is always a great escape read.
Shadow Box By Luanne Rice.  A 3 star, didn't hold many surprises for me, I finished it in a day to see if I was correct as to who the murderer was, I was correct.

Now for the exciting news:  I have my first vaccine scheduled for this morning! I could hardly sleep last night knowing the end of this pandemic is within sight.
Second great news of the week; we have a snow storm coming. A real Rocky Mountain, upslope March snow......which means a prediction of 2-4 FEET of snow. Those totals will get more accurate by Thursday night but this storm is working up to be a whopper. I love a good RM Spring storm! Today, we will run errands ahead of the storm, gas for the snow blower, googles for the Mr. so he can clear all the snow. Due to the pandemic we don't need to stock up on food items, our pantry will due fine.

5 comments:

Bonny said...

Your bread looks absolutely delicious and it is good to "stock up" on stock! I had to alert Ryan to this weekend's weather forecast as he doesn't have a tv and is often oblivious about the weather. He didn't believe me about the 2-4 ft predictions at first, but then he remembered that he is in CO! He's had his windows open recently but that will be coming to an end. Congratulations on your first shot, and happy antibody production!

Jane said...

Your bread looks delicious. I can just about sense that wonderful bread baking smell in the kitchen. Hooray for snow in Colorado and the first vaccine shot. It sounds like you will have a good week.

Sarah said...

Fresh baked bread sounds so good right now! Congrats on getting your vaccination and I hope you're all settled and safe at home now!

Mary said...

sharing in your excitement about the snow ... I just LOVE how "mountain folk" get excited about getting snowed in ;-) and of course I know you are Prepared!

Juliann said...

Hope your vaccine went well. I am feeling a bit of a need to be out and about but not among people. I want to get out to some new to me hiking spots. But until we get that second vaccine, I will mostly stay put and continue making quilts and knitting. Happy Monday

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)