Wednesday, February 17, 2021

KNITTING







I had spun this red merino/alpaca yarn last week and just love the color, but what to do with it since I only have about 5.5oz, (sport weight). After spending far too much time going down the Raverly rabbit hole , I chose Corners Edges Strip Shawl. This shawl will have 4 colors in it, (it's a BIG shawl) and I have LOTS of stash yarn to choose colors from, including a merino/silk blend. I am in no hurry to finish this project, just so it's done by the fall. Will we still be in a pandemic and in the house? I will say again, I have gotten done lots of projects in my year at pandemic home! 


Hot Pink or some might say Magenta...yarn for a Little Oaks sweater picked out by little B(gd). She does like her colors! This is a Cloudborn DK weight yarn and surprisingly it knits a beautiful fabric and very soft to the touch. Little Oaks is a bottom up sweater and I am currently on sleeve island of the second sleeve. Sweater knitting for my littles went much faster when they were babies, soon they will be in full size adult sweaters....better buy more yarn;-]

'Almost' over the finish line is a machine quilted, half square triangle quilt. As I was sewing on the binding my machine jammed and jammed good. Took me an hour to release the fabric from under the needle that was caught in the feed dogs. After getting everything freed up, the needle kept hitting the bobbin case and in a very bad way. Above my pay grade, so off to the sewing machine man! Ugg.

Reading is very slow on this end, just can't find much to keep my interest. I guess this would be called a 'dry spell.'

I went upstairs to get some water and carried my knitting with me, why I don't know. E noticed this and asked if I was carrying my knitting around with me so I could report at my soon to be physical that I was doing weight bearing exercise now. Hah, at first I was offended, then thought, that's great, yes, I will tell them about my (yarn) weight bearing exercise routines so I don't have to listen to any blah blah blah. 

It has been cold here, like really cold and SNOW! Expecting more snow tonight and tomorrow--
Happy Dancing.

Get on over to 

7 comments:

Bonny said...

Your handspun is beautiful, and I'm glad you've found a lovely way to use it! And that hot pink is a great color to knit in the depths of gray and white winter. Enjoy your snow! We've still got plenty on the ground and more tomorrow.

Sarah said...

You are one of few people I know who are excited by more snow! But I know how badly you need it out West -- I'd happily send you all our snow if I could!

Vera said...

More snow for us too. I think you really need it...us - not so much! Love that hot pink yarn and your handspun is gorgeous. I think "this time" has been good for many to get lingering projects finished!

steph said...

that handspun is gorgeous!!!!

I'm with you...bring on the snow, but my poor dog is miserable. She's most definitely a southern belle and not happy with getting her toes wet, let alone wet AND cold!!!

Jane said...

The handspun is lovely. May the snow fall in your area, I know you need the moisture. We have plenty in Nebraska. And I love the idea of yarn weight bearing exercise. Perfect!

Mary said...

:-) I am so glad you've found a project to knit with your handspun! (not being a spinner, I "worry" about folks making more yarn to just sit on their shelves)

karen said...

lovely handspun yarn!! Love the pattern and that you can add whatever colors you wish. I am loving the snow so much, it's been a good winter!

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)