Wednesday, January 13, 2021

LITTLE DONE/FEW WORDS

 WOW, what a week, last week!

Since witnessing the attempted coup of the American Government-incited by the American President, (trump), I write his name as small as the computer will allow because today he will be IMPEACHED....again. 

I have done little making over the last seven days and will be watching trump get IMPEACHED ....again, today! 

Started  machine quilting on my second UFO quilt. The plan was to have the binding on last weekend, I was only able to concentrate  enough to get it pinned yesterday and start the machine quilting.


My Knitting, a Jenifer Steingass design saw few new stitches added, (though I have started working on this sweater in earnest again).  
Contemplating casting on something mindless to get through the Inauguration of Biden and Harris.
Pray, meditate, call on whom or what ever for a peaceful transfer of power on 1-20-2021.

Linking up with...

8 comments:

Sarah said...

This quilt is spectacular!

Juliann said...

Love that quilt and know the struggle to concentrate on making things. Trying not to hold my breath but it is hard.

AsKatKnits said...

That quilt!! Wow! Gorgeous (and yeah, I hear you about the turmoil of this all!) I am trying to remember to stop, close my eyes, and breathe more frequently. It is a struggle.

steph said...

what a talented quilter you are!!!! just adore this one!

Jane said...

That quilt is so wonderful. I love the applique on top of the pieced blocks. I am not one to wish my life away or cross off days on the calendar but I listed the number of days until the 20th and am counting down. Making is carrying me through.

Kym said...

Lovely, lovely quilt! Hang in there! The day is coming . . . XO

Mary said...

That quilt ... wow!! and I think there are going to be A LOT of plain socks and simple hats knit next week :-)

Mereknits said...

Sewing and creating are a perfect balance to all the horrific news going on. I listen to news podcasts the morning after the news shows are on in the evening, it is the way I stay up on all that is going on. This has been quite a week and a half, Wednesday can't come soon enough. Stay safe.

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)