Monday, October 28, 2019

WEEKENDS














We spend a lot of time at parks through out the city





Neighbors trampoline (what a monster) blew into our yard weekend before last and Eric spent 2 days taking it apart to remove it, returning it to rightful yard and putting it back together again. 
Why do HOA's allow monster trampolines but not clothes lines? 









Weather here in NoCo has been rather, bipolar, is the only word I can think of that accurately describes the past weekend. Friday and Saturday sunny and in the 70's, Sunday cloudy, snowing and in the 20's! Expecting snow through Wednesday this week then a warm up, though Halloween will be cold for the little ones out trick-n-treating. 
Warm or cold, I got my walks in-2 miles daily!

Working on a pair of socks that have been on the needles way, way too long. On the second foot now so hopefully soon, very soon they will be on my feet! 
Very little work done on wool rug..ugh!

Finished a smallish quilt for a donation. (Pictures to be posted later.)

I met my goal of $400 food bill for the month of October!! Wahoo!
Grand total $400.96, ( yes, I see the .96 cents, but I am calling this a win, win!)
To be able to cut our food bill in more than half, I have been cooking at home just about all meals and from scratch. Very little frozen and or canned foods used, this will change a little entering into winter and the fresh garden produce almost gone now. I am also back to baking bread once a week! 

Reading: The Zimmermann Telegram(audio)
-Roosevelt and Churchill(audio)
-The Erma Bombeck Collection
-I'm Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness (this book is so good)

Stay warm!

3 comments:

Bonny said...

Those are really lovely photos of fall in NoCo (except maybe that monster trampoline)! Congratulations on trimming your food bill so well! That is a real accomplishment and I may have to take a look at our food bill over the winter. I'm glad I've got a freezer full of vegetables from the garden. See if you can get that bipolar weather moderated a bit. I'm coming back to CO to help Ryan look for a car and I'd rather not drive in too much snow!

karen said...

I am impressed with your food goal!! Congratulations - I'm going to do a big food cupboard assessment and start to make meals around what I do own to knock down the surplus and save some money.

Mereknits said...

That is an amazing goal to achieve. We are not even close to that here. Your photos are just gorgeous. Have a wonderful weekend.

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)