Monday, June 24, 2019

NEW YORK and BROOKLYN

























Eric and I look a little trip to the capital of the world-NYC!  Last time I was in NYC was in 65/67, I was a young kid, went to the Worlds Fair! Eric and I are not big city people, but we had a niece getting married in the city and off we went. Surprisingly, Eric and I loved NYC! So much great food, old and new things to see, LOTS of friendly/helpful people, shops, parks and sitting out on the pier watching sail boat racing, (well- I was knitting). 

We walked 5-6 miles down, from Mid-town to Battery Park. Stopping in SOHO for some yarn shopping. Purl SoHo has the NICEST people working for them. I did not realize that Purl SoHo had their own line of yarn! And, the price point-fantastic! The shop is small, not much to really see, but worth a trip. 
I also went to Brooklyn General store, nice, but again, not much to see! 

Sarges, where we ate the BEST corn beef sandwiches, like biting into butter! Eric and I split one sandwich and that was enough till a late dinner. New York has great food and the pastries, over the top.

I'm not sure I'll ever return to NYC, it's a long ways from my home, but it is so worth, at least once to visit that great city.


No comments:

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)