Wednesday, June 5, 2019

It's been busy here at Little House. We had MORE SNOW, so this past week I have been planting like a crazy gardner! To be just starting to plant the first week of June is late for me and the Front Range of Colorado. Now, if my garden can dodge hail storms, I will be a happy gardener. However, I keep lots of buckets next to all my tender plants just in case I need to dash out there and cover the babies.

Lots of finishing up crafting projects going on as well. I must say, I have never liked the term 'crafting' for all my knitting, sewing, quilting, etc. projects. I consider these to be needed, useful items that I make. I rarely make an un-useful item, I have no room to display or store such an item. No, not even a wall hanging quilt!


My 2nd Phoebe sweater for a little girl in New York!


A finished hooked rug that I started years ago. I joined a rug hooking group and finished the last half of this project in 3 weeks. It helps to have people show you how to do the craft 'correctly'. I love it and am ready to start another rug. It's like doing a paint by number picture, but I get to choose all the colors. This will be placed on the floor,(it's large) in the guest bedroom.
I also finished a Bulle sweater top for my little gal, she loves it and took it home before I got any pictures...ugh!

It's go go all day long and by 6pm I'm tired! I have almost given up all TV in the evening to read.  Books that I have enjoyed the past few weeks:
Karen McInernary- these books are mindless murder mysteries, nothing too scary!
The Ragged Edge of Night- an alright historical novel
An Icy Death- mindless murder mystery
Choosing Simplicity- Great Book, highly recommend.

Happy Spring and Planting!

Please join me with Ginny for Yarn Along.

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

You have been so busy! Love that sweater and your rug is amazing!

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)