Wednesday, April 3, 2019

APRIL_YARN ALONG







April already, WOW! 
Soon the garden work will begin and only light weight knitting can be done on back porch, hot sun and wool yarn-no no no, not for me. I have finished 3 sweaters since Jan.1 thus far this year. Two were started in 2019. I would love to be one of those prolific knitters, but I get side tract all the time with new cast ons and fun yarn. I guess I have difficulty staying focused on just one project.
The sweater in this post is Humulus and a fantastic knit. I really made this for my youngest but when I had Caitlin try it on, I realized it would need about 4 more inches to fit Erin properly. So, Caitlin loves it and with her, it will stay. I get to knit Humulus again! I do not mind knitting the same pattern twice or even more if it's a good pattern and Isabel Kraemer's patterns are always good.

I joined the National Rug Hooking Association. I have always been intriqued with rug making and I'm going to try this art form again- now that I have time. Oh, and I have a pile, (several piles) of wool to use up!

Books that have been read since last month's Yarn Along:
Whistling Past the Graveyard
this book is a very good, a story of friendship between a white girl and a black woman during the 60's in the deep south-nough said!
The Patch Work Bride
I have read all of Sandra Dallas books, this one not so good. The story was interesting, but the ending a total flop!
A Seat By the Hearth
A mindless read with a feel good ending.
Mending Matters
A great reference book with some wonderful ideas.

 Trying to stay home and cook more for meals. I think I'm a better cook than most meals we get at resturants and I can make meals for much less money. Homemade pizza that Eric and I both enjoyed, with "whatever" salad. It is time for me to start experimenting with salad dressing recipes this spring, I plan to grow all different kinds of lettuce.

I'm still having trouble with creepy people looking at my blog site. Wish I could block them! Any ideas?

Please join me over at Yarn Along

6 comments:

Jeannine said...

The sweater is beautiful! Lucky for Caitlin:)

Jeannine said...

The sweater is beautiful! Lucky for Caitlin:)

Cheryl | TimeToCraft said...

Well done with the finished projects this year. I think your jumper found the perfect person to wear it. Really looks good. I feel the same about going out to eat and preferring my own cooking. At least it keeps the cost down!

pleximama said...

Gorgeous sweater! I love the colors you used. Isabell Kraemer does a great job with her patterns--I have five of her designs in my queue. Now to find the time to knit them all...

Juliana said...

I love that sweater! So pretty! (And good on you for finishing three this year already!) Rug hooking is so interesting to me, but I need another fiber craft like I need a hole in the head. (ha!) Such pretty spring pictures too!

Angela said...

Beautiful sweater and those quilts are amazing!! Lovely Spring flowers. In here the Winter was too long!

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)