Tuesday, November 27, 2018

THANKSGIVING



This gentleman was out looking for a Thanksgiving meal, nothing open. Stopped at shop(thinking MOM was open to public), one more, no problem!






Line on Friday to the liquor store? I have no idea what was on sale in there, must of been good!


Good morning! I wanted to document our first Thanksgiving celebration at Me Oh My Pies and Coffee. Caitlin and Jason both are from LARGE families and Holidays can be a bit of a juggling act for them, add two children age 2yrs and 1yr, well lets just say it can become more a hassle than fun. This year they decided Thanksgiving would be celebrated with one dinner for everyone at the shop. Everyone pitched in and brought dishes, this of course is a sure bet for some amazing food and family traditions to share! The dinner and family time was a major success! I’m sure this will now become a new tradition for both families.
I have been meditating for several weeks now- fifteen minutes a day. Who knew how life changing this habit would become. I carry so, no all my tension in my shoulders, neck and arms. I have always had stressful jobs and that stress kinda took up residence in my body, even after retiring I was still wearing my shoulders as ear rings( yes I have been on BP drugs for years now). Meditating and breathing has helped with the mind boggling conversations in my head,(they are less), made me aware of the tension in arms, neck and shoulders so I can consciously  relax those muscles. I am noticing that I breathe more before answering tough questions(annoying questions), that I look at people for who they are with so much less judgment and over all accept I am not in control and let the world roll without my constant manipulation. I am in awe of this practice and will most likely look at some meditation groups after the holidays. 
I’m hoping that all had the Thanksgiving they needed, time spent with loved ones and the experience of gratitude. 

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Lovely pictures and a happy Thanksgiving. I hope that lonely gentleman has made new friends in spending time with all of you.

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)