Monday, November 26, 2018

BUS RIDES AND DYED YARN











My dogs woke me at 4am this morning. They are usually late sleepers, so when one is barking it means they have to get outside-now! I decided after getting the puppies re-settled to make coffee and catch up with the news. Nothing changing regarding US news, every time I watch it’s just more bad behavior by our president. lordy, my two and half year old grand little is more mature than the White House or the GOP….sad. Turning that off I turn my attention to the daily meditation that I have committed myself too. I find meditation has been a big help keeping my head on straight and realizing there is so much I have no control over, but ME. When I stay focused on my mental health, my family, taking small steps changing things that need twerking in my world, I find that I am changing the world for good, small steps at a time! And it is so worth my energies! 

Betty asked me to make her a quilt several months ago and of course I said I would. That quilt is now being quilted with a small wondering stitch pattern. It is taking me longer to quilt it due to I am not able to sit long in one position needed at the machine. Yes, the soon to be one year old (Gus) is havoc on my back! But, I can never resist holding that sweet sweet baby boy.

We read Pete The Cat books several times a day here with Betty. In one book Pete wears a yellow sweater with bright buttons, yup, you guessed it, I knitted a yellow Tiny Tea Leaves sweater for Betty! I will have her pick out the buttons sometime this week. 

Wound some yarn I dyed last summer using Black Hollyhocks. I’m thinking I have enough for a child’s sweater or an adult vest.

We took the kids on a bus ride last week and had too much fun! Betty loves buses and talks often of ‘yellow” buses, ‘blue’ busses and ‘green’ buses, we rode the green bus

The calendar has turn to the Christmas Season. I hope to keep ours peaceful, fun and calm. Wishing you the same this Holiday Season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, what great looking yarn and knitting!

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)