Wednesday, December 5, 2018

YARN ALONG


I remember when Ginny decided to bring YARN ALONG back, though only once a month, my thoughts were, 'once a month,' that's not nearly enough YARN ALONG time!'  It must be my age because I feel like I'm always behind with YA. I would have my post ready in the 'old days', now I feel good if I post on the YA day...huh!

I finished this Tiny Tea Leaves sweater for Betty two weeks ago. She was so excited for her new 'yeawow' Pete The Cat sweater (our name for the sweater), picking out the buttons, which was an entire morning experience. I put the buttons on and she has REFUSED to wear the sweater! No tricks or bribes will she don the sweater on her shoulders. So it sits- on the table where we all lay our eyes on it, daily! Two year olds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have since moved onto a sweater for Gus, Leaves or not. Both sweaters have been worked in Brown Sheep-Nature Spun, worsted weight. Yarns were bought at the Yarn show in Loveland Co. 
It's been getting colder with each passing week, and, I LOVE IT! It's hibernating time for me, time to knit morning, noon and night, with lots of reading, quilting and sewing going on as well. I wish my neighborhood looked more like this today!  Back to books, Voluntary Simplicity- love, love this book, so many things to ponder and to work on, not overwhelming though. 'Jacob's Ladder: A Story of Virginia During the War.' This book I found through the New York Times obit. story on the author, Donald McCaig. He was chosen to write books continuing the 'Gone With The Wind' story. Apparently, the Mitchel family was not very happy with book and sequel to Gone With Wind, "Scarlet" I read Scarlet and I did not enjoy it, the story had no depth what so ever.
Can you believe it, next time we all meet up it will be 2019!!
I'll stop now.

Please join me over at YARN ALONG
Love seeing what everyone is doing! 

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rachel said...

The sweater is darling, and a lovely color. She did a great job picking out the buttons!

Juliana said...

So cute! My girls are fickle about sweaters too--so aggravating! I love that pattern, although I tend to use it in modification with the In Threes cardigan, which is easier for the yoke. I've been putting off making new sweaters for the girls this season because I know it will be hard to get them to wear them!

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)