Monday, February 13, 2017

WEEK-END













Finished the front and the back of my Wolf River sweater on Saturday! The instructions say to block these pieces before sewing together, then add the sleeves. Easy enough, so far I like the sweater, though it looks a little big for my youngest daughter-wait and see.
Saturday afternoon I walked downtown to stand with Planned Parenthood. Over 1000 people showed up for the PP rally....yeah! I love how PP's goal is to see abortions reach ZERO procedures done here in the US. Yes, but in order for that to become a reality they cannot be defunded! All the work they do with Women's Health, GYN checks, Birth Control, cancer screens, STD, etc. and they treat men for all the above,{ except of course GYN checks.}..hehe.  It was wonderful and felt so good to stand with such an AMAZING organization.
I must admit though, I wonder why I have to do this again at my age. When are people going to accept women as an equal and entitled to Women Rights?

No comments:

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)