Saturday, April 25, 2015

THE MAKING OF CLOTHES LINE BOWLS













sewing clothes lines round and round is equivalent to meditating, no it is a form of meditation. i start with no more than a couple of inches and sew till i feel like stopping or run out of rope and it matters not which one happens first. every design starts out with “i wonder what shape this will take on”. the excitement is watching the entire project come together, knowing at the end it will be the perfect completed object, beautiful and useful.
tomorrow, i promise , i will put a few how too’s on the blog to get you started. be careful though, and know how addictive this kind of sewing is…you have been forewarned .  

5 comments:

sunny said...

I'll be watching! I've never tried something like this before, but love what you're creating.

Alica said...

Nice! As I was looking at the pictures, I thought that it looked like a great place to keep balls of yarn...and then I saw that you had the same idea! :)

Terrie Sandelin said...

Those look so cool. I'm really interested in seeing how you attach the handles. Be well.

Angie said...

Ooooh Eileen, I am in luuuv! :) Can't wait to see your instructions. Your redbud is breathtaking---and that snow-capped mountain range is gorgeous. But most of all, I am enchanted by the basket-making. I bet the furry heartbeats would fit in one. :)

Bonnie said...

After your email, I knew. Wanted to make these. Now I MUST make one. Thanks for the instructions. I can't wait to read more in your next post. The handles look a bit intimidating.

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)