Friday, September 19, 2014

SOCKS












socks for me when done knitting feel like such an accomplishment. i never have an issue knitting the first sock, it’s that second one, and working on double pointed needles size 0. but oh how i love the result!
i knitted 3 of these socks while relaxing in Yellow Stone National Park, here , here and here.
with nothing else to do but sit and enjoy the surroundings, my 3 socks flew off the needles and i am grateful for that.
the blue socks are made with miss babs sock weight yarn( not sure of the color way...sorry)
and the multi color grey, brown and orange is a skein of computer dyed yarn that has been sitting in my stash for years, ( again, no idea color way or brand...sorry). 
the soles have meg ryan’s design “sensuous soles” and this makes one’s socks a joy to wear. the sole wraps around the foot with gentle support that have my feet dancing all day.
it has been in the high 80’s here all week but monday the predictions are for rain, cold dropping temperature rain... sock weather! 
i’m in love with fall!
sweaters, socks, the start of yarn wearing months!
what’s on your feet?

2 comments:

Alica said...

Your socks look so comfy and warm! I wish I could do that...sounds like a great winter time project!

Bonnie said...

I love hand knit socks. Yours are beautiful! I want to try Miss Babs sock yarn. How does it compare for "itch factor" ?

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)