Sunday, October 27, 2013

HUDSON RIVER VALLEY



















Roosevelt's home in Hyde Park New York.
When I was young family vacations always center around some historical event,
I remember mostly civil war battle fields.
For my sister and I Roosevelt Estate was a natural and so worth the stop.
The ranger did an amazing tour peppered with lots of stories regarding the Roosevelt family..
gotta love some hear say.
The presidential library was wonderful. I have never been in a presidential library before but will now stop in every one I pass by, {even if they are republican, hehe}.

as soon as I get some photos of my yarn buys from Rhinebeck I will share it all with you.

Weekend weather here has been a gorgeous fall days, though things are to change tonight...
perhaps even; dare I say: snow.

No comments:

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)