Tuesday, September 6, 2011

BINDING


My Red and White is ready for binding...yahoo!!!!
I like to put binding on with my walking foot. This way I do not need to hand adjust feeding the material through the machine....in other words "it is a time saver".


It's odd to me but I don't usually miter my binding..{ guess I can just be lazy}, but I did for the Red and White.
Sure makes the corners easy and so Good looking. !


Those corners are lying PERFECT.


Bought these new gadgets in Cody for binding. I tend to be a GADGET girl.
They are for machine sewing the binding on, I am hand sewing the binding on this quilt.



One side is flat and one side rounded. It helps measure the edge of your binding so you can sew on a perfect binding with out running any stitches on the top of your quilt.
I will test it out on a smaller quilt to work out the kinks first and let you know if they are worth their pricey price !

2 comments:

Kyle said...

I've seen those clips and wondered how they work. Can't wait to see your fantastic quilt.

Creations by Dina said...

Oh I just love that red and white quilt. Can't wait to see the finished design!! You do such beautiful work!

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)