Friday, August 26, 2011

I HAVE BEEN AND SEEN


Yellowstone Nat. Park. 
We love hitching up our trailer and going to the park. It is always so peaceful and beautiful!!!
New pine trees growing after the fire in 1988



These two were at Old Faithful just hanging out. 
They are HUGE animals!!


 


I was also in Cody Wyoming and visited { spent an entire day} at the Cody Museum.
Wonderful, Wonderful !!
A bed made of quilts with traditional beading blankets in an Indian home on a reservation.


I was not aware that the Northern Indians used the Star Quilt in ceremonies.
I love how they used light points to give the impression of eagle wings.




Loved this CALICO outfit. The picture does not show the color as well but it is a beautiful medium blue skirt with a powder blue shirt.
I can just imagine these calicos being used in a quilt when it would no longer serve as an outfit.
I wish long skirts would come back into fashion!

No comments:

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)