Sunday, June 12, 2011

ESTES WOOL MARKET 2011


The Wool Market opened to the public at 9AM Saturday morning and as you can see was off to a brisk start.


I love to walk around the booths and just touch the fibers.


I bought a lot of this to spin. It is Merino wool [ my favorite ] and silk.
Gotta love that !!


This bag is full of camel ,bison,ox,rabbit, and musk.
Unfortunately, I am allergic to most of those fibers.


This is reverse rug hooking using  yarn. I bought all the equipment to do this about 3 years ago and as of today have never used any of it. But each Wool Market I vow this year I am going to make me a bag  [or something].


Beautiful bag of Merino Wool


Are these just not BEAUTIFUL. Wool and Silk.


The new Side Kick spinning wheel by Schacht. It is very small compared to their traditional spinning wheel and cute.


Love , love these colors. This lady is from Texas and I always have to stop by and say hi and perhaps pick up a skein or two or three.


I could look at yarn all day but the money runs out and I had to go home, { I mean back to camp}.
We were camping up in Rocky Mountain National Park. I will post some pictures tomorrow of shots inside the park.

3 comments:

Kyle said...

Wonderful colors. It could make me want to knit!

Julie Mankin said...

I agree with Kyle such beautiful color!

Creations by Dina said...

Wow!! I would love to go to something like that. How amazing to see all the fiber from start to finish!!

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)