Monday, January 31, 2011

MONDAY, MONDAY

And baby it is cold out there..... 

As I bemoan how cold it is in Colorado I see Chicago's forecast and they are in for an EPIC BLIZZARD . May even out due the one in 1967. Oh how I remember that storm, the city was paralyzed for days, no school. My mother tied us children together and sent us walking to school in the morning hoping the snow would stop. Well it didn't and the nuns tied us back together and sent us home. Our parents must of thought their children very hardy back then because now a days parents would end up in jail for tying a long rope around kids waist and then the kids all together sending them out in a storm never before seen in the city. My mother had allot of faith that we would make it as did most of the parents who sent their children to school that January 25, 1967. We kids thought nothing of it but fun!!



Oh I hope my poor boy who lives in Chicago gets bread and milk before the storm hits. At least I hope he has a long rope.

Here are somethings I had been doing this past weekend and will continue to work on this cold Monday 

white cotton dish cloth
leaf scarf
hooked rug
red work 12 month pattern
Have a warm safe Monday. Keep your eyes on Chicago

No comments:

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)