Monday, April 19, 2010

CROCHET,FLOWERS

I bought this box of yarns last year with the hope of making a beautiful Grandmother's square blanket. I want it to look like an Attic 24 blanket. Love her colors! I am sure this will be a project that will take me a loooong time to finish. First I need to learn to crochet with out feeling like I have 2 left hands. Practice, practice, not to mention patience, patience.

Some of my favorite flowers.
Hydrangeas , oh how I long for several of you in my yard.
Since I can't grow these in Colorado I spent my morning cutting back roses. Several of my rose's will be dug up this year with new plants planted as replacements. I have climbing roses that have been in the ground for greater than 15 years and are not putting on the flowers as they should. They are however putting on fat woody stems with BIG thorns that have become painful and an eye sore. So out they go and in with the new. Pictures to post when project done.
Sure hope your garden is blooming.

No comments:

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)