Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Still on Vacation

I am still on vacation and loving it. Have been home this week sewing, canning , knitting and of  course some housework. Made some incredible zucchini blueberry bread. Went and saw a friend up in the foothills. What a beautiful home, so peaceful and is Peggy a great gardner. I saw a black bear on my way home from Peggy's on the side of the road, the site made my day.

Today I will quilt some more on Collin's quilt and get some blueberry jams made for Christmas gifts. I also need to check the garden for any more ripe beans and tomatoes. I have already put up 4 quarts of frozen beans. We seem to be able to eat the tomatoes so will most likely be unable to can any of those.

School starts here next week and it seems weird not to have any children to get ready to send off to school. Erin is all set up in her own place at her university and she is my youngest. So for the first year their are no children for me to send off to school. Kinda sad, another reminder that Mr.P. and I are entering a new stage in our lives.

No comments:

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)