Friday, April 1, 2011

SPRING IS IN THE AIR


Spring is trying to burst forth, but the wind in front is causing us problems.
Will be spending the weekend fixing fence much to the puppies dismay. They had a whole new world open to them,{they met a BIG cat } am not sure if they like the cat or afraid of the cat.
The cat lives behind us.


April brings the Food Drive to the hospital and I was informed by my boss I would be making bread for the annual Bake Sale! 
I love making bread and I enjoy baking for the Bake Sale, this year however I work the day before the sale which means I will be baking late into the evening.....AND it is my BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
So much for a FUN/ME day. 
I guess I will celebrate the following day. The first 16 years of my life were celebrated on the "following day" because my Mother wrote the wrong date in the family bible.
Needed a passport when I was 16 , which means a birth certificate and I cried out: "MOM"
She apologised and said it was a "busy time when I was born". 
It was Easter Sunday morning and my Dad was graduating from Law school and I was the 4th child, {7 more to come over the years}.
So long story short I guess my birthday this year will be celebrated on the "other day".
But today I am SEWING!!!!!

1 comment:

Creations by Dina said...

That is so funny!!! I can't believe your own mother had the wrong date for your birthday. I guess it goes to show you how busy us moms can get. And with a family that big she had to be very busy!!!

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)