Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A NEW SWEATER FINISHED


I love this sweater, it was fun and different to knit. It is knitted all in one piece. Have to love that no seaming but under the sleeves.
I have an antique studded pin I think I will use as a closer on the sweater.
My first Debbie Bliss sweater. Debbie Bliss cotton , very soft and a little too warm. This sweater was fun and mindless to knit. Way to much seaming and weaving in ends because the balls of yarn are only 120 yards or so. I am sorry but I hate buying yarn that comes in balls under 220 yards. Too much adding and weaving in end pieces, and really if buying for sweaters companies should provide the option to buy skeins/balls in larger yards'. This is not rocket science here!
Overall I am happy with this sweater, it was fun too knit.

I have finished another sweater but as it is a gift for my daughter I can not put up on the blog yet.

No comments:

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)