Friday, October 22, 2021

FALL, PUMPKINS, KNITTING





RIP-gauge correct-wrong size.....grrr!



 

New to me, dehydrating tomatoes-then grinding them into a powder. remix with water when needing tome paste/sause.













 The latter half of September and first half of October have been the 30 days of viruses here at the Little House. No, not COVID-thank goodness, just re-entry into the world viruses. After having been inside keeping people not in our bubble away, going out (even though wearing a mask), seems my immune system forgot how to fend off little annoying viruses. It’s been a long frustrating month, but I am on the mend now! Thank you science for antibiotics! It is time to knock out this low grade sinus infection once and for all. Today is the first day I feel energy returning, like I may want to actually do something today, walk, bake, sew, who knows, the sky is the limit. Unfortunately, my granddaughter’s classroom has a COVID out break, so she is in remote learning now! My county is again on a mandatory mask wearing in all buildings again. When is America going to get it together and do what is needed to end this pandemic? 


I have been knitting with some finish wins and a sad RIP sweater that I am now recasting on after having to set it aside in a time out. The Felix Sweater above is a 'new' cast on using Nutiden Yarn from Sweden. This yarn is unspun and breaks easily but easy to put back together. I love the color, a dark maroon with lots of other colors blended in the mix. 

Hoping for a long Fall season with lots of walks, knitting, good health and family time. 

10 comments:

Sarah said...

We had the first colds in about two years here, too -- and I hope we ward off anything else, because I really enjoyed that period when no one was sick when we were all home! I hope the sweater that was the wrong size gets back on the needles soon, if it hasn't already; those colors were so pretty and so perfect for this time of year. Love the kiddos in hand-knit sweaters!

Jane said...

What nice photos. The kiddos in their sweaters are sweet and the little gal at the sewing machine makes me smile. I'm glad you are on the mend. Our county, the only one in the state due to some weird way the County Health Department was established, has had a mask mandate in Sept and Oct. I'm wondering whether the County Health Department director will keep up the mask mandate or let it go. She is one strong woman and nurse and takes so much heat for her common sense approach. I wrote her a thank you note but I think she has earned another.

AsKatKnits said...

These pictures just ooze AUTUMN! In the best way!

I love it! :)

And I am super envious of your Nutiden sweater! Well done you!

Kym said...

Other than the sick part, it looks like you're having a really wonderful fall! I hope you're feeling better and finding the energy to do All The Things! XO

Juliann said...

Looks beautiful in your part of the world. Happy you are on the mend and hoping for recharged immune systems. I am planning another sweater, maybe Sian or the Felix pullover. So many beautiful options

karen said...

beautiful photos of your life and your grands. Bummer about the viruses floating about. I guess that is inevitable when they are little ones. I do not miss catching everything from the preschooler I used to babysit!!

Mary said...

happy sigh. I love seeing fall show up in my blog reader! Glad you're healthy again (or at least putting on a good show!) and knitting all the things. Felix is a great pattern and seems perfect for your climate (sadly, the one I knit spends almost all its time on the shelf - too warm for here!)

Sarah said...

Ah, so frustrating to have to frog a sweater! It looks like it's going to be beautiful though. Sorry that you are ill, we also have had the first round of day-care colds, which seem to be going around everywhere.

Sarah said...

Ah, so frustrating to have to frog a sweater! It looks like it's going to be beautiful though. Sorry that you are ill, we also have had the first round of day-care colds, which seem to be going around everywhere.

karen said...

loved seeing the knitting photos, so pretty! Bummer about the viruses, ugh. I do not miss babysitting the little one and getting sick all the times :)

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)