Wednesday, February 7, 2018

2-7-2018 YARN ALONG





Hello YA friends! I love this day, checking out what fellow knitters and readers are doing in their lives. 
Well, being retired and having time, I continue to knit and quilt and what fun it is for me. Did you see the knitter and quilter ground hog cartoon? Both saw their shadow so its needles and peddles to the floor-6 more glorious weeks of knitting and quilting! 
Knitting with DALE Heilo yarn that was dug up (a deep yarn dive) from stash.
#2:  EZ Gurnsey sweater. I love this sweater but, am going oh sooo slow with it. It's so hard to trust my own numbers and yikes, this sweater will be cut with scissors (side seams). So if I screw this up all I will be able to salvage, will be maybe, two pairs of felted mittens.
#3: Finished overalls for Gus and they are a perfect fit that will take him all the past spring snows here in the Rockies. Used Quince&Co sport weight yarn.
The picture of Gus in car seat, well, those beautiful knits were done by Julie. They are well loved by Gus and Caitlin! Thank you Julie!

I haven't been reading much ;-[, but I have seen more movies in 4 weeks than I have ever seen in 4 years.
HOSTILES- great
DARKEST HOUR-very good
THE POST-great

Looking forward to visiting other YA knitter and readers today....

6 comments:

Vickie said...

I love those overalls! Such a nice job and they look very warm. I don't have grandbabies yet but I will keep those in mind!

Emily said...

Oh, that baby is just so precious! I love his little hat!

Heather said...

The overalls! So so nice! And I love a good list of movies - I don't often get a chance to sit through a whole one in one sitting, but I love to have a list so I don't spend all the time I do have searching for something worthwhile :-)

elizabeth said...

lovely knits!!! it's a blessing to have more time! Funny how some seasons of life we suddenly watch a bunch of movies! Been there!

Leslie said...

What neat projects!
and knitting for a little one, precious

karen said...

those overalls are the cutest ever!!! Isn't it nice we have more winter to do more knitting? that's what I'm thinking.

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)