Wednesday, October 25, 2017

25 OCTOBER 2017












GOINGS' ON

KITCHEN; lots of cooking going on in the kitchen, burritos made with elk meat gifted to our freezer and Caitlin's home made green chili...so yummy and just the right kick. Tried a yogurt, cream cheese pie with a granola crust, it is so-so, nothing over the moon

KNITTING: I finished Shore Cardigan and am happy with the end   product,( pictures to come, I need to get buttons on). I think I may be making another Shore Cardigan for my little Betty. Casted on a Shoreline Vest for one of my girls. Using yarn (BlueSky all wool, DK weight) from my stash (which is so huge, sometimes overwhelming to look at).

KIDS: my youngest went to Wisconsin to visit her Aunti Mary (my best friend and sister). Oh the time they had, horseback riding, round up of Mary’s alpaca to de-bur a few, driving back roads in amazing fall weather, art show and food. Mary and Bob are fantastic cooks!

OUTDOORS: getting in all the fall walks my knees will tolerate with Betty. We really enjoy walking through leaves making them crunch under foot. Most of the leaves are on the ground now with that last wind front that blew through over the weekend. Continue to plant bulbs! I thought I had 200 bulbs to plant but apparently I doubled that order, I have 400 to plant. Spring will be exciting with all the color.

READING: ‘Carolyn’, a new release about Carolyn Ingalls. I loved it! This book presented a Carolyn as a women I could identify with.  A women that deals with  frustrations of being female in a male world, her responsibility in raising children in a changing world and finally finding joy in a life that is full of struggles to meet daily needs.   4 stars for sure.

‘Pioneer Girl’, another Ingall’s book. What I found interesting here was Laura’s relationship with her adult successful daughter. Great back stories to the writing of Little House series.

It's Wednesday here on the Front Range and we are expecting another beautiful 'Indian Summer' like day. Their will be walking, taking in all the beauty that fall has to offer today, hopefully some knitting and or sewing during nap time, then I believe a trip to the library.

No comments:

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)