Tuesday, October 17, 2017

16 OCTOBER 2017









Rocky Mountain National Park


RMNP


RMNP


RMNP



Yellowstone National Park






Goings On
YARN DYING-I had dyed 3 skeins wool yarn with rabbit brush last year and it turned out BRIGHT lemon yellow,
               not my kind of a color;-{.  So I decided to play in a chemistry lab and gave this yellow                     
yarn a bath in some rusty nails and a TBLS of Fe ( powder iron). I loved the result of a dull green. I have plans for these skeins.

RMNP-We went to the park to hear the elk bugle, met my brother and SIL for a picnic dinner of homemade fried chicken and salad. Went on a walk through the meadow with buffalo grass as high as my hips. We found the Elk and relaxed into an evening of watching and listening.

YSNP- Some left over pictures from YSNP. Lots more that will be sprinkle here through out the winter months. I miss you YSNP!

GARDEN-Pulled out the green tomatoes, squash, cukes, and the end of the lettuce. In the front garden, cleaned out so much over grown perennials that weren't flowering anymore because they were just too old, (like me). 90% of the Irises are gone! Irises here on the front range grow like weeds and crowd out other flowers. GONE now! Discovered a lady bug painted rock that one of my girls painted when they were in kindergarten, ( so sweet). Betty will be soo excited to find it tomorrow, (she loves lady bug rocks).

PLANTING- Garlic and 200 tulip and daffodil bulbs. Betty and I have much work this week while the weather is still Indian Summer Fall.

HARVEST FESTIVAL- Betty and I have hit two different Harvest Festivals thus far. The second one had so much more for us to do...animals to pet and lady bug rocks. Oh, the time we spent with these two attractions. The German sausage lunch with homemade sauerkraut was over the moon.

QUILTING-working on several quilts that I can't show yet. I have been photographing some of the quilts I have made over the years. The quilt pictured on this post is my design using flannels with some fun stitching and penny flowers, the best- is little hands of my four kids appliquéd on the quilt. Be still my heart...

RED BOOTS-I am in LOVE with those red boots. Eric and I bought them in Montana when Betty was way too small to wear them. She loves them now...and so cute!

TUCKING IN-Organizing inside so that we all can keep busy through the winter with projects-re-doing cabinets, painting house, drawing/painting pictures, Christmas gift making, and all the books that will be read these coming cold months. Thankfully our winters tend to have few really bitter cold days, so their will be walks, oh how we walk here, several miles each day unless it's raining hard, or snowing in feet. Cold, is not a weather condition that keeps us in doors. 

3 comments:

Alica said...

I love the appliqued hands on your quilt! I've never seen that, but love, love, love it!

steph said...

oh, my goodness....you have been BUSY!!!! Isn't fall the best time of the year...love all the festivals, the colours, the weather!!!

Angela said...

Whau! Beautiful quilt! Love the nature photos. I have never been at Yellowstone National Park but these photos sure do make me want to go there. Thanks for sharing!

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)