Wednesday, June 14, 2017

14 JUNE 2017

















I can remember trying to slow down my life ever since having my first baby way back in 1981! I never felt that I was EVER meeting my goals, always something more to get involved in, always that tension of involving self and family in activities or not. Balancing, another word I never was good at in my 60 years. I have the personality of either I'm all in or out! But, breaking my foot has truly slowed and simplified by world. I complete only tasks that need to be done and I only complete one or two tasks daily. My amazing husband has filled in all other gaps...particularly, driving me around when needed to save my sanity and get me out of the house. All the above pictures were taken from a sitting position either from my daughters front porch, my back porch, a park bench or my bed. I have been knitting a pair of socks and happy to report, they are almost done! I have also been working on my Brassy Dress that will be, a loonngg knit, though wonderful, mindless knit, (something much needed at this time). I picked up a long ago appliqué quilt that never made it to my complete pile;-[  Something is different about working on this quilt, I am really enjoying this appliqué process, slow as it is! I ran out of the gold fabric and went to a  local fabric store that carries a large collection of reproductions to see if by a miracle I could find this print. I know, I was giggling as I was asking "do you by chance have this in stock?" 
Worker: "let's see, do you know who the designer is?"
Me: "no, i bought this about 15 years ago, maybe." (almost slapping my knee at how ridiculous that sounded. I can only blame this absurd errand on the fact-I'm going stir crazy with this broken foot.)
Sweet Worker: "oh!"
Me: "how about something in the same color range?"
Well, that sweet lady looked and looked for me, however, every bolt she showed me my response was," i have that at home."( which I truly did.)
I left the shop with no fabric, but did purchase a new thimble that I am enjoying, Clover Protect and Grip.
It's heating up here on the Front Range-expecting 90, high 90's over the next week! Yikes- I am not a heat fan and less so with a aircast on my lower leg. New chore-staying cool.


2 comments:

steph said...

isn't it amazing how something like that darn foot can adjust your whole life?!? I'd say you are staying amazingly active. When I had a hip replaced (20 years ago! eep!) was when I got back into knitting again....and haven't stopped yet. And it had been YEARS since I had picked up my needles. In fact, at one point, I actually got rid of my entire stash....thinking that was in my past. Who would figure?!? All that to say...some of the changes you make in this enforced slow-down, might actually stick with you! Change can actually be good!!!

steph said...

ooops......meant to also tell you...you are going to LOVE the Bressay dress!! Not quite as cold here as I would like....I don't wear mine as often as I'd like, but I really really love it.

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)