Friday, May 13, 2016

SUNNY and WARM HERE






It is truly Spring here in Colorado. Rain and more rain.
I am not complaining, just trying to get my garden in-inbetween the rain.
Anyone who has been in Colorado during the drought that lasted 12 years and then witnessed the fires at the end of the drought, well it is plain silliness to complain about late snows and rain.
I will take them both whenever and in whatever form, however, I do prefer to not have damaging hail.

Sew, in-between the rain and waiting for the garden to dry out a wee bit, I have been sewing and knitting.
I started this quilt on a business trip to Colorado Springs. Of course I took my Featherweight along for those quiet evenings in the hotel all by my lonesome. I had all the 2.5" squares pre-cut prior to my trip. Sewing them together, several rows at a time, watching a movie or two till late in the evening was the perfect hotel project. The quilt is now on the Jukie for quilting. A simple single line on either side of the seam.  The quilt is 99 x 99", the biggest I have attempted to machine quilt myself, hence only straight lines.

This adorable little dress( Little Sister's Dress) is for Betty! So much fun knitting for a Grandchild, let alone the most beautiful baby on the planet!
I have been holding and taking walks with Betty every opportunity I can. Having four children I know how fast the time slips away, "in a blink of an eye".

My garden is 80% in the ground!! A huge job, but one that brings me a lot of satisfaction,  it's a good time to think, dream and meditate. Plus, it's good exercise.

I read one of the BEST books I have read in a very long time!
The Meadow
It's about a few families that ranched from the 20's-80's on the Colorado/Wyoming border. So much history and those people were tough as nails. It's sad to know that none of them or their decedents ranch up there anymore. How the WEST has changed! And not all for the good!

Happy Spring to you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back! I enjoy seeing your pictures and dreaming of a life out of the big city of Denver!

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)