Monday, April 22, 2013

LEAVES OF GRASS




i joined a KAL with girls in sheep clothing and the knit was jared flood's 
leaves of grass.
i think this has been the biggest knitting project i have ever undertaken !
i love it !
however my choice of yarn will make this knit not a shawl but a wonderful pi  blanket...
and that is fine with me :)
this project has taught me many lesson...
perseverance
how to read a chart
lace knitting
if one wants to knit a shawl, don't use an arran weight yarn
and above all 
keep on knitting till the project is done.
i am almost there !

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Eileen this is beautiful. I love that you made it with Aran yarn. I think this pattern is quite large for a shawl but I love it as a blanket!

Kalyan said...

Simply beautiful colours...lovely!

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)