Thursday, October 15, 2009

USING UP and GETTING THINGS DONE


Here are some of the things I have been doing lately. This quilt( or one similar to it) I saw on a blog, a knitting blog non the less and I liked the idea. What I really liked was the quilting, simple yet elegant. So down to the overstuffed sewing room that is truly a one butt room now.
Any who, down to the room to find some brights that would look good with white. This is what happened to the brights and white. I like this quilt simple and soon to be elegant.
October is "Octobersock" month and their are several mystery sock patterns all over the internet. The one I started was from Through the Loops. I am a slow knitter not like some of these bloggers I read.a friend to knit with. C..look this one up I think you will really like it.http://throughtheloops.typepad.com and a friend to knit with This little blanket is using up all sorts of odds and ends yarn that just need to be used and out of the stash. Not real sure as to how this is all going to turn out, but it is fun creating.

Another rug that again is using up scraps that have been sitting around taking up airspace for too long. Kathleen and I are working on rag rugs. Mine is willy nilly, holding true to my love of scraps and the more pieces the better, while Kathleen's is an organized well thought out color scheme of left over fabric.

What are you working on these days? Getting projects done? How about your purse C.? Please comment on the projects you are completing in the month of October.

1 comment:

Caitrin said...

Purse is done... putting on some finishing touches... I didnt felt it small enough, but it is working well as a bag for all my yarns and such. I think I will make another with that blue yarn you sent and try to felt it smaller this time.

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)