Monday, October 9, 2017

9 OCTOBER 2017






First snow of the season is happening here today! It is not the BIG storm that the weather people were predicting, but it is snow! Coloradans love snow! And I love it because of all the woolies I  get to wear and knit for all the people I care so much about in this world. Admittedly, most of my knits are for my little people here, an 18 mo. old and a baby boy due to arrive early December.
In preparation for the snow and freezing temps I cleaned out the garden of all edible goods, lots of lettuce and green tomatoes. Fried green tomatoes will be on the menu this week with veggie soup and salad to kick off the week.
I don't know about you, but I find myself reading a lot of articles, affirmations, prayers, and books to keep me calm with all the craziness going on in Washington, mainly by the White House. 
I feel so helpless with our elected officials and their inability to govern, that if I am not careful I could spin into a deep depression.
I must start with me! And do what little I can, first, to take care of my family and provide a safe welcoming home, relationships with them, then to write/call to Washington often! 
And keep calm.

1 comment:

Linda Nichols said...

I agree with you about the White House chaos. I like your attitude about keeping calm starting with me. Thanks for making your blog public. I enjoy seeing your creativity.

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)