Thursday, July 19, 2018

HOLLYHOCKS, YARN, ACCUQUILT, QUILTING, CAMPING











It's been a busy couple of weeks here at Little House, kids and crafts, two of my favorite things. First up, I bought an Accuquilt Go machine. Strip cutting was causing me a lot of right sided pain from my jaw line to my fingers-arthritis and age catching up with me. I am amazed at how fast I can cut out a quilt pattern! And...it clips the corners on triangles, YEAH! 

I have planted Hollyhocks for years with little luck of getting a seed to grow into a plant. Not this year, I have a huge giant of a plant with dark black/purple flowers. This plant is over 10 feet tall! It's a beauty! I follow Small Things and love Ginny's yarn that she dyes with flowers. When I saw her Hollyhock dyed yarn and I had the same plant in my yard, I knew I had to give this a go. Ginny was so gracious when I contacted her to give me advice on how to use Hollyhocks, she walked me through the entire process-so kind! The above pictures is the result of my Hollyhock plant dyed yarn and I am pleased with the end result. Now, I think I may have trouble deciding what project to use this yarn in, a baby boy sweater?

Finally, we went camping with the wee one for three days and boy howdy was it a busy camping trip.
As Betty said:" MeMe (that is me) and Me , play play all day." And we did! 

1 comment:

steph said...

oh, that hollyhock is gorgeous.....and the yarn spectacular! Anything you make will be fabulous.

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)