Wednesday, November 8, 2017

8 NOVEMBER 2017 (quick change trousers)




















With the beautiful snow yesterday and cold, cold temps that rolled over the Front Range, I cut out and sewed up some Quick Change Trousers. A first for me, and I must say it was Soule Mama that persuaded me to give this pattern a try, not being one to buy a book for just one pattern. My first response to the pattern was "seriously", tracing the pattern was like reading a letter from the Revolutionary days. Lines, and very light ones' at that were all over the paper. First, I had to figure out what pattern I was looking for,  then  gently trace that pattern with a #2 pencil, and finally a tracing on pattern paper to cut out the pattern..whew! More brain power and steps I care to step through when I'm itching to sew! Though once done, these pants are a breeze to sew up, no kidding, like in 20 minutes if that long! Quick Change Pants are lined, though could be made unlined, using what I had in my stash,  ( I have A LOT ), the more color and pattern fabric the cuter! I used my serger, my very old serger, like the first one that Bernina put on the market some 35 years ago-oh dear!  I have three more pairs to sew together today. Total: 3 pairs for my B and 2 pairs for a baby coming in January. I just can't show up to a shower without a home made with love gift! Hey, my daughter is due too, like at any time now! I can make this little guy several pairs too. Move over quilts in the making, I need a little time for more Quick Change Trousers.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Fabulous trousers. Your little one looks so sweet in them. Impressed that they take such a short time. Apart from the tracing, of course. And you have snow. So, so pretty.

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)