Monday, November 15, 2010

I'M BACK

Sister Mary Margaret making her way back to the hotel.

Yes I am back, have been back from Houston for over a week........but that week was crazy. I worked all last week, yes the entire week at the hospital, exhausting. Hosted a rather large Pamper Chef party, { I am not a fan of these parties} but we did have fun. Since Ellen was cooking and she IS NOT a COOK I thought we would all need my grandmothers' whiskey sours. Yumm...  Yumm...... a good time had by all.

Houston was fantastic..... Am so glad I went. Mary Margaret and I spent 6-7 hours a day in the show and still we did not see everything. It was so overwhelming! The first day we just walked around not parting with our coins, but the second and third day we did make purchases though neither of us went crazy.  Our project for the hotel room was we made some beautiful jewelry. 


Here is Kaffe Fassett. This is one tall man.

A Princess quilt which had a ton of detail  and hours put in by this quilter.


But the neatest thing was her shoes!!


My favorite are still and always will be the American traditional quilts. These have women's' life stories stitched into them. The antique quilts were beautiful and I could almost hear their voices looking at them.


I could not photograph my favorite quilts due to their age , so I did not take many pictures in Houston.
I will post some pictures as I download them.

Good week to all.

3 comments:

Kyle said...

Glad to hear you had a good time.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Valentina said...

Oh Eileen, those shoes are adorable! I am so happy you had a great time...Thanks so much for sharing pix!

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)