Sunday, June 13, 2010

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MORAINE PARK


Spent a weekend up in Rocky Mountain Park. As we were driving in the smell of the pine forest is a scent that just lowers my blood pressure and centers my mind. Mountain pine has to be one of my most favorite scents. This scent can never be reproduced in a bottle, I have to experience it in the mountains.

Getting the trailer all settled. Takes allot less time then putting up tents and tarps.

Another reason to go to the Mountains. These beautiful animals were right outside our trailer.


Up close and personal ,( but never to close this is her home. I am the visitor).

E does all the cooking.

Saw this in the meadow

Grabbed the camera and ran to the meadow for more pictures

I could do this all day!

Storm clouds moving in.

Knitting in beautiful Rocky Mountain, life does not get any better, unless my children were with me!

BEAUTIFUL

Rivers and streams running very high. The river in town had breached it's banks. Remembering the Big Thompson Flood in the 1976, seeing high water makes everyone a little nervous.

The puppies found this carcass of an elk lying in tall grass. Kinda feel sorry for the guy or gal.

This moved in on Friday night and we watched the low clouds and rain for 2 days then packed up and came home. It was a wonderful, beautiful, peaceful weekend. Thank you Rocky Mountain Park!!!!
Next post I will have pictures of the Wool Fair this weekend up in Estes Park. Another reason for the trip to the Park.

No comments:

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)