Thursday, May 20, 2010

Our Maiden Voyage

Last weekend we took out our trailer/truck for our first time, a weekend of working out the kinks with other seasoned Rv’ers and trailer campers. Oh how the excitement built to the big day, we stocked the trailer from our “lists” of must haves, hooked upped and off we went down the highway out to the eastern plains of Colorado. We went with friends from the hospital to the state summer kick off of The American RV’ers and campers. No less than 250 trailers and big “rigs”, (what I call homes on wheels) all on the fair grounds of the small town of Brush. I had never seen so many campers in one place in my life! I was also shocked, I had never seen so many old people in one place either and driving these massive moving vacation homes. I soon realized this was not only our introduction to trailer camping but also an introduction to a retirement community. I just giggled all weekend. These camping clubs are huge and all across the country, with elected representatives and loads of activities for the young and old. We had a blast!

Here we are all unhooked and ready to camp. Eric did a great job with lots of "advice" from the old timers.

What is a camping trip with 250 other trailers with out a tornado warning? It was a weekend of firsts !

Lots of food

Long walks with beautiful scenes

The puppies enjoyed all the attention.

The food frenzy

It was a fun eye opening weekend. Our next trip is in the mountains and it will be Eric and myself only, hope we do not get bored and hungry by ourselves

1 comment:

Caitrin said...

I don't know how I feel about this.... but it looks like you had a good time.

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)