Saturday, February 14, 2009

It is snowing here in the West. I love snow and cold. I was reading Farmers Almanac site and today Feb. 14th is the day crocuses generally will make their first appearance of the season. i will be on the look out for mine since eI planted about 30 bulbs last fall. Besides snow I do enjoy seeing the first signs of Spring. I actually love all the seasons just dislike the heat of summer.
things Love about Winter:

wrapping up in warm quilts that I made
drinking hot coffee
sewing in the sewing room
hand quilting quilts
knitting sweaters
watching snow fall
looking out at a white world
making stew
crawling into a clean bed with a big pillow top
fire place on

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Eileen, I am your partner on the Down to Earth swap. I have enjoyed looking around your blog, your sewing is lovely and Maddie looks very mischievous.

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)