Sunday, September 12, 2010

QUILTS





I made this quilt 10 years ago in my machine piecing/ hand quilting days. I love hand quilting but realized that I piece quilt tops together very quickly and it takes me a very long time to hand quilt them. So I got over myself and found a great machine quilter. That was the year I made 13 quilt tops for my siblings and a couple of other family members. To say the least I kept the machine quilter very busy and me very broke.

(Front)
Two years ago I took a machine quilting class from a fantastic lady and now I machine most of my own quilts. This quilt will be easy to quilt! It will all be done with straight lines and a walking foot.

(Back)
I will be teaching a class on the construction and machine quilting of this quilt with my method of "just run it through"
in early October.

More quilts from the Bozeman Quilt show in August.


Love the simplicity of how this House quilt was quilted.

Hoping all have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)