Tuesday, April 11, 2017

11 April 2017








It's warming up here on the Front Range, windy, but warming. Clothes are going on the line,( nothing calms my soul than seeing clothes on the line), and baby on the grass -thrilled with her sticks. We are outside as much as can be to soak up these tolerable temps and sunshine. I know that soon the temps will rise to high nineties and 100's, totally unsuitable in my book. I must say, I am a cool weather lady. In the heat of summer, I am out only in the wee hours of the morning and I will spend time in the shade on my porch, otherwise I will be found in the basement sewing or knitting.

For the past year my sister and I have been writing to each other at least weekly and often times several letters a week. Letter writing is fast becoming an art of the past. I have found letter writing to be very meditative and soothing. And, who doesn't enjoy a letter? Love it when Eric walks into house, mail in hand, "letter from your sister", it's like manna from heaven. Funny how so many simple things, {clothes on line outside, babies on the grass playing with sticks and letter writing}, bring me such joy.

Happy Spring!!!!!

No comments:

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)