Friday, May 20, 2016

MAY,SO FICKLE








May and Spring in Colorado is nothing to place any weather bets on...the odds are stacked against one coming out on top of those kind of bets.
The promise of being in the garden planting and soaking up the warm spring sunshine one day- only to be dashed with rain, cold and wind for days. The seeds I did manage to get in the ground between long hours of rain, I believe are drowned,  rotting, caput in the ground now. It's starting over again this weekend. But that is gardening in the Rockies. I am so glad I didn't hang my laundry out on the line today, it may have been on the line till July 4th before the clothes are dried. Yes, woke up with the promise of a day with sunshine. Nope, big black clouds are building up over the foothills only to roll done to me and open up with rain. It's on to inside things to do, no shortage of inside projects that need attention.

First up is the biggest quilt I have ever had on a table top machine. I have pieced bigger quilts, though they have all been quilted by a long arm quilter. This quilt, though my machine is handling it,  feeding it through the machine evenly, I feel like the quilt is handling me...big and heavy by gosh.
I spend about one hour increments quilting this monster before my back and wrists are fatigued. Then it's on to knitting, baby dress of course. Small, knit, knit, knit....mindless.
Great way to spend an afternoon watching dark clouds building-soon to be over those mountains.

My sister called this morning, she asked me to go on this diet with her. Something called The Mama Diet? Well it's fairly difficult to say no when looking down I have to extend the ole' double chin/neck to see the toes, that would be my toes. So I ordered the cook book, she is getting the "how to" book. Funny, I know how to do it....STOP BENDING the ELBOW with food in hand to mouth......
Also, all the hobbies I enjoy do not burn that many aerobic calories ( ok, lets be honest, no aerobic calories are burning), however they do provide plenty of opportunity for body fat to slide south...ugh!
I want to be up front and honest here, I am no good at diets! But, hope is eternal!
Soo.... we are starting Sunday or Monday I think, and I just bought this great magazine on CAKES! I know... I am making one this afternoon!
And thats all I got to say about it!

No comments:

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)