Saturday, November 10, 2012

JILLIAN

i'd like you to meet jillian
she has taken up a permanent place in my home.
a matter of fact a very visual spot in the house, one where i need to acknowledge her every time i look up from my knitting or sewing.


i did this because as i age i want to do less and less moving.
i know i have earned it { the resting } i mean.
 i have raised 3 wonderful children, spent over 30+ years working as an RN in the hospital.
cleaned bathrooms, made meals, made beds for over a half century.
isn't it time to rest?


since all the activities i enjoy involve sitting
not to mention i enjoy eating and i really like GOOD beer !
these things that i love to do help little with the joints that are getting stiff or how the body seems to give into that gravity pull thing.
now do not miss understand i have NO desire to look like i'm twenty, thirty or even forty.
i'm on the down side of fifty and have earned every winkle, added chin, and ache and pain.
i bought jillian so i could enjoy my later years.
keep the joints lubricated and the hips informed to do the job they are meant too,
MOVE.
i have never enjoyed excising, when i would run 4-5  times a week  never EVER got that adrenaline rush.
it was always a chore! the thing i did like about running it kept me in a size 10 and at 5'10"
i was happy with that ;o)
so since i am basically a lazy exerciser i bought jillian to walk on an hour a day.
not up to an hour yet
{ i get bored easily }
but we are getting along and use to each other. 
what are you doing to keep from " going under" too soon?
i would love to hear your thoughts on exercising after a half century of breathing.
gotta go walk with jillian now ;o)



3 comments:

Terrie Sandelin said...

I wouldn't mind looking like I was forty. It's not going to happen, mind you, but still . . . it's not that I'd mind.

But, like you, I'm really thinking about fitness and aging these days. I loaned my son my car back in August which means that during the weekdays, I'm on my bike. I also joined a gym and I'm doing yoga three days a week. Feels great!

Alica said...

I wish Jillian would come live here! That would be so good for me!

Bonnie said...

I love my tread mill...most of the time.

Labels

knitting (209) quilting (158) Family (103) ME (98) Garden (91) Home (82) Sewing (76) Things I love (73) Reading (56) Gratitude (47) simplicity (47) Home Making (42) Winter (42) flowers (35) Holiday (30) Photography (29) Christmas (28) Machine quilting (28) SNOW (28) cooking (28) crochet (26) Vacation (25) canning (20) Camping (15) China (13) Clothes line (11)